Occupational Skill Programme: New Venture Creation
ID: SP-210401, NQF Level 2, 32 Credits
Overview and Purpose
Entrepreneurship or New Venture Creation is an increasingly popular field in today’s evolving business landscape. When reading the success stories of scrappy startups that have made it big, it can be easy to assume becoming an entrepreneur isn’t particularly challenging. Yet, in reality, entrepreneurship and innovation require education and effort to master Its knowledge of the theories and concepts behind entrepreneurship and innovation that gives many business owners the confidence to launch a venture despite the risk of failure.
Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur or a professional in a corporate setting, this occupational skill programme will help you to understand the basics of entrepreneurship and new venture creation and position you to succeed in today’s dynamic market.
The purpose of the programme is to help the learner to:
- Start, manage, grow and sustain a small business.
- Know him/herself
- Know his/her industry
- Identify market opportunities
- Create business innovation
- Manage finances
- Price goods and services
- Plan and set business goals
This course consists of knowledge and practical / application components:
Topic 1: Being an entrepreneur.
Topic 2: Know yourself.
Topic 3: Know your industry
Topic 4: Identifying Market opportunities
Topic 5: Innovation
Topic 6: Customer Service
Topic 7: Financial and Cash flow management
Topic 8: Basic business financial statements
Topic 9: Pricing of goods and services
Topic 10: Marketing
Topic 11: SMART goals
Topic 12: Business planning
Practical Application component
Topic 1: Calculations and Pricing
Topic 2: Basic book-keeping
Topic 3: Marketing project.
Topic 3: Customer service
Why study at our Institution?
- A registered, credit-based and high-quality occupational skill programme at the lowest cost.
- The course will culminate in the awarding of a credit certificate, as well as your engaging in practical learning experiences with one of South Africa’s leading Business Coaching Organizations.
- Upon completion, you will also receive a certificate of attendance from one of the prestigious life and business coaching organization in South Africa for further reference.
- You may use the achieved credits for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Accumulation and Transfer purposes towards related qualifications: i.e. Higher Education in business Coaching, Higher Education in Business, Commerce, Administration and New Venture Creation studies, etc.
Teaching and Learning
This course will be delivered online, there will be a few live interactive sessions with the experts and with some of the leading business coaches.
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Signed PoPI agreement
- Proof of Payment
15 Weeks (320 hours of study including assessments)
Note: This course is offered nationally and internationally in partnership with the World Class Business Coach organization.
Fee Structure 2023
|Application and registration fee (Non-refundable)
|Course fee (including online learning material and practical experience)
|R 5500 (Inc VAT)
|Instalments 2 Months x R 3000
|R 3000 per month (for 2 months)
|Note: There is no selection or screening requirement for this course. All applicants registering online will be accepted once all the required documents and payment of the application fee (R 250) and 1st installment of R3000 or full payment of R 5500 is received with the online application form.