The purpose of this Qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as an Early Childhood Development Practitioner.
An Early Childhood Development Practitioner plans and prepares early childhood activities, facilitates and mediates learning, observes and assesses the progress of children, and reflects on learning in an inclusive, play-based environment to support holistic development of children (from conception – school going) in different centre-based or non-centre based settings.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Plan and prepare inclusive activities to support the holistic development and well-being of children
- Facilitate and mediate appropriate holistic learning of every child
- Observe, assess and record each child’s progress according to the age and stage
- Develop reports of children’s development and learning
- Promote the well-being, health, safety and protection of children